Due to ongoing expanding workload Lynas Engineers are seeking applications to fill the role of Engineer/Senior Engineer, with experience in drainage infrastructure design, for immediate commencement. The position would suit a Chartered or near Chartered Engineer seeking a lead design and mentoring role.
This exciting role will offer candidates the opportunity to join a team of experienced engineers to work on highway, residential, commercial and industrial development projects to complete drainage designs using MicroDrainage and/or Autodesk Civil3D, Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Strategy Reports and Detailed Designs.
The successful individual(s) will have:
- A BEng degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent; and be Chartered (CEng) or working towards Chartered status.
- Significant experience in a civil engineering consultancy role with involvement in drainage infrastructure design.
- Experience of developing designs including detailed designs, calculations, drawings, and specifications.
- Experience of preparing engineering reports, drawings and figures to a high standard.
- Excellent verbal, technical report writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD.
- A commitment to innovate, embrace challenges, and be a proven team player with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in:
- Drainage design, attenuation design, hard and soft SuDS design, and modelling storm drainage systems with MicroDrainage (WinDes).
- Cost estimation and optioneering.
- The design of drainage and river infrastructure (e.g. culverts etc).
- Dealing with UK water companies in relation to Pre-Development Enquiries, Section 104, 106 and 185 applications.
- Liaising with local authorities and environmental agencies in relation to discharge consents.
- Preparing Flood Risk Assessments; Drainage Impact Assessments; and drainage strategy reports.
- Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D or similar ground modelling packages.
This role offers a competitive salary and benefits package dependant on qualifications and experience and includes an attractive contributory pension scheme.
The position is permanent and will be located at our Wilton Centre office, Redcar and Cleveland. The advertised role is full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Applicants should provide a CV and cover letter indicating how they meet the minimum and desirable criteria, along with any other relevant information.